Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Visual Effects in Blender. Oh the awesomeness!

One of the most exciting things about using Blender for me, is the fact that there are no limits with what you can create and explore inside that 3D viewport. However, I recently have started to steer away from the modeling and texturing, and explore the world of camera tracking and compositing. Awesome stuff! The first video I made (a fake looking hole in they wall) actually fooled a few people!




My next go at it was little more realistic even though it was a SiFi lightsaber. I have come to discover that the secret is all in the render layers. Once you begin adding layer upon layer, and composite the layers together, you start getting really cool results. 



I would highly recommend using blender for visual effects. The possibilities are limitless and it is loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment